Pro and Con Committees Spokane Valley Fire Department is placing before the voters on the February 14, 2023 ballot a proposition authorizing a maintenance and operations excess levy.
How does a Fire District get its funding for Maintenance and Operations (M&O)? Junior taxing Fire Districts must go out for Levies every 4 years...
Now is the time to prepare your home to be fire safe. More fires happen in the winter months than any other time of the year. During the cold...
YOUR VEHICLE AND DRIVING IN WINTER
Driving in the winter here in the Inland Northwest requires some additional preparation, as well as patience. Proper preparation can be the difference between an uneventful trip, and a breakdown, or even an accident:
- Keep a stocked emergency kit in your car.
- Make sure to replace windshield wipers and fill your wiper fluid with a winter mixture.
- Replace worn tires and check your tire pressure regularly as cold weather can cause deflated tires.
- Have your car in good working condition (radiator, brakes, battery, exhaust, etc.).
- Drive with your headlights on.
- Keep your gas tank close to full to avoid ice in the tank and fuel lines.
- Don’t use cruise control in wintry conditions.
- Leave plenty of room to stop your car; brake carefully. Slower speed, slower acceleration, slower steering, and
- Julie Happy