STAY COOL IN HOT WEATHER!
As the temperatures rise it is important that you take measures to stay cool, remain hydrated, and stay informed. You can become sick from the heat if your body can’t compensate and keep you cool.
While those people over the age of 65 and under the age of 2 are more at risk for suffering from heat-related illnesses, everyone should take steps to stay cool!
According to the CDC:
- Stay inside in an air-conditioned location as much as possible.
- Drink plenty of fluids even though you may not feel thirsty (check with your doctor as to how much water you should drink if you are taking “water pills”). Stay away from caffeine and very sugary or alcoholic drinks.
- If you must be outside, schedule outdoor activities carefully and wear loose clothing. Pace yourself.
- Take cool showers or baths to cool down.
- Check on friends or neighbors and have someone do the same for you.
- Never leave children or pets in cars.
- Check the local news for updates.