Pro and Con Committees Spokane Valley Fire Department is placing before the voters on the February 14, 2023 ballot a proposition authorizing a maintenance and operations excess levy.
How does a Fire District get its funding for Maintenance and Operations (M&O)? Junior taxing Fire Districts must go out for Levies every 4 years...
Now is the time to prepare your home to be fire safe. More fires happen in the winter months than any other time of the year. During the cold...
SPOKANE VALLEY FIREFIGHTERS BRING SANTA TO AREA NEIGHBORHOODS
Spokane Valley Firefighters Local 876 are escorting Santa around the Valley!
Different areas will be covered by off-duty firefighters who are volunteering on their nights off. Firefighters are trying to get Santa around to as many area homes as possible each night this holiday season. Download the Glympse App to track Santa! The Glympse app only activates when Santa is out.
Here is the schedule for Santa:
- Monday, December 9 Liberty Lake Rd to Starr Rd, between Mission & Sprague
- Tuesday, December 10 Otis Orchards various streets
- Wednesday, December 11 Sullivan to Flora, between Sprague & Saltese
- Friday, December 13 Park to Argonne, between Wellesley & I-90
- Thursday, December 19 University to Evergreen, between Mission & Trent
- Friday, December 20 Havana to Park, between Sprague & 16th
- Saturday, December 21 University to Evergreen, between 16th & 32nd
- Monday, December 23 Dishman Mica to Pines, between Sprague & 16th.
After Monday, December 23, Santa will return to the North Pole to prepare for his big journey on Christmas Eve.
Local 876 will update any additional Santa scheduled times as firefighters become available to help him travel throughout the area. Times vary but are usually between 5:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
The Spokane Valley Firefighters wish everyone a very happy Holiday!
Spokane Valley Fire Department serves the City of Spokane Valley, City of Liberty Lake, City of Millwood and the surrounding unincorporated areas of Spokane County with a combined population of 125,000 across 75 square miles. SVFD firefighters and paramedics responded to more than 17,280 emergency calls in 2017. Established in 1940, SVFD is an Accredited Agency by the Commission on Fire Accreditation International, one of only a handful in Washington State.
For more information about Spokane Valley Fire Department, visit www.spokanevalleyfire.com.
- Julie Happy