On April 17th, 16 new SVFD recruits began EMT School. They will participate in 6 weeks of class, learning the ins-and-outs of EMS and then proceed...
Do Lithium-Ion Batteries Pose a Fire Risk?
Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries are in widespread use in consumer electronics. Lithium batteries have become the industry standard for rechargeable...
2023 Community Risk Reduction (CRR) Week
Each year, starting with the Martin Luther King holiday, fire departments around the nation support a weeklong campaign to educate communities about...
Schedule a Station Tour
We welcome groups of children into our fire stations for Station Tours, throughout the year. It is an opportunity for us to teach children about fire safety. It is also a chance for children to ask questions and become more comfortable with firefighters and the work we do.
SCHEDULING A STATION TOUR
In addition to responding to emergencies, firefighters are busy with training, maintaining their stations and apparatus, making public appearances and much more.
With this in mind, we ask that requests for Station Tours follow these criteria:
- Tours must be scheduled at least 14 days (2 weeks) in advance, but not more than 2 months in advance.
- Tours are provided only to individuals who live within the Spokane Valley Fire Department service area.
- As time allows, tours are scheduled Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM and after 6:00 PM. Tours are also scheduled on Mondays from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM and after 6:00 PM. No tours are scheduled on Sundays.
- Group size is limited to up to 25 total participants (including children and chaperones). There must be one adult chaperone for every five children.
- Small groups (3 or less) are welcome to just stop by your neighborhood fire station and ask the firefighters if they have time to give you with a station tour.
- Fire stations remain “in-service” during tours and firefighters need to respond to emergencies at any time. This means you may…
- Arrive for your tour and find the fire station empty. Please call 928-1700 to reschedule.
- Be in the middle of your tour when firefighters receive an emergency call. If they do, it will be necessary for the tour to end and your group to exit the station. Please keep this in mind when visiting.
- Although we gladly provide fire station tours in conjunction with special events–such as a birthday party—we do not host special events in our fire stations.
To schedule a station tour, complete and submit the Request a Station Tour form below. We will process your request and contact you to confirm your tour date and time. Or, call our Administrative Office at 928-1700 (weekdays).
Did you Know?
- You can sign up for a station tour. Great for small groups.
- You should replace the batteries in your smoke alarms twice a year.
- Creating a defensible space with regards to wildfires could just save your home or property.
- We have Friends & Family CPR classes every month.
- Julie Happy