A new Fire Chief has been selected for the Spokane Valley Fire Department (SVFD). Last fall, Chief Bryan Collins announced his retirement for...
CRR Week is a time when fire agencies promote the community’s awareness of community risk reduction. We do this by sharing with you our important,...
Spokane Valley Firefighters share a number of commonalities but one of the strongest is their desire to serve. This extends well beyond their...
Schedule a Station Tour
We welcome groups of children into our fire stations for Station Tours, throughout the year. It is an opportunity for us to teach children about fire safety. It is also a chance for children to ask questions and become more comfortable with firefighters and the work we do.
SCHEDULING A STATION TOUR
In addition to responding to emergencies, firefighters are busy with training, maintaining their stations and apparatus, making public appearances and much more.
With this in mind, we ask that requests for Station Tours follow these criteria:
- Tours must be scheduled at least 14 days (2 weeks) in advance, but not more than 2 months in advance.
- Tours are provided only to individuals who live within the Spokane Valley Fire Department service area.
- As time allows, tours are scheduled Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM and after 6:00 PM. Tours are also scheduled on Mondays from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM and after 6:00 PM. No tours are scheduled on Sundays.
- Group size is limited to up to 25 total participants (including children and chaperones). There must be one adult chaperone for every five children.
- Small groups (3 or less) are welcome to just stop by your neighborhood fire station and ask the firefighters if they have time to give you with a station tour.
- Fire stations remain “in-service” during tours and firefighters need to respond to emergencies at any time. This means you may…
- Arrive for your tour and find the fire station empty. Please call 928-1700 to reschedule.
- Be in the middle of your tour when firefighters receive an emergency call. If they do, it will be necessary for the tour to end and your group to exit the station. Please keep this in mind when visiting.
- Although we gladly provide fire station tours in conjunction with special events–such as a birthday party—we do not host special events in our fire stations.
To schedule a station tour, complete and submit the Request a Station Tour form below. We will process your request and contact you to confirm your tour date and time. Or, call our Administrative Office at 928-1700 (weekdays).
- Julie Happy