Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries are in widespread use in consumer electronics. Lithium batteries have become the industry standard for rechargeable...
Safety Tip: Carbon Monoxide Alarms Save Lives
Carbon monoxide poisoning is believed to have killed two Coulee City, WA residents on February 12, 2018. A man and a woman were found dead inside...
Safety Tip: Smoking While Using Medical Oxygen Is a Deadly Mix
In the Spokane Valley Fire Department service area, we are seeing a dangerous emerging trend — the use of at-home medical oxygen by people who...
Safety Tip: Preparing For Summer Wildfires
The wildfire season has arrived and NOW is the time to ensure you and your family are prepared. Here are 5 safety tips:
- Follow Burn Restrictions now in place for outdoor recreational fires
- Register for Alert Spokane our county-wide evacuation notification system, especially important for cell phones
- Clearly mark your home address on your house and next to the road – so we can find you quickly in an emergency
- Create a defensible space around your home – at least 30 feet of green or watered space; move flammable items away; clean up yard and tree debris
- Know more than one exit point out of your neighborhood or area. MORE Wildfire Safety Tips
Did you Know?
- You can sign up for a station tour. Great for small groups.
- You should replace the batteries in your smoke alarms twice a year.
- Creating a defensible space with regards to wildfires could just save your home or property.
- We have Friends & Family CPR classes every month.