National EMS Week 2022: May 15 - 21, 2022 Please join us in recognizing Emergency Medical Service (EMS) professionals during EMS Week: May 15-21,...
Join us on social media throughout the month of May, Wildland Fire Awareness Month, as we share safety tips about wildfire. Here in Spokane County,...
Our ability to serve our community starts with our community. The Spokane Valley Fire Department has recently adopted Resolution No. 2022-513...
Play Unplugged this Summer and earn a SVFD ‘Hero Hunter’ Badge
Elementary students across the greater Spokane Valley are invited to participate in a fun, free new program this summer that encourages children to ‘Play Unplugged.’ The program runs June 1 – August 31, 2018.
Sponsored by the HUB Sports Center and local organizations – including Spokane Valley Fire Department – students can earn up to 39 ‘brag badges’ by completing specific activities such as reading, collecting, dancing, cooking and much more. The program helps kids play by encouraging active lifestyles and promoting healthy activities unplugged from electronics.
SVFD is sponsoring the ‘Hero Hunter’ brag badge for kids who complete this activity:
“Be your family’s hero by creating and practicing your home fire escape routes. Then, visit your neighborhood Spokane Valley Fire Station to share your plan and meet some of your local heroes. Learn how they keep our community safe.”
Picking Up Your SVFD Brag Badge
After completing the badge activity, students should bring at least one parent, guardian or adult to one of these locations:
- ‘Play Unplugged Saturdays’ – unless on an emergency call, firefighters will hand out brag badges from 9am – NOON, as follows:
- June 23 – Greenacres Station 10 – 17217 E. Sprague
- June 30 – University Station 1 – 10319 E. Sprague
- July 14 – Liberty Lake Station 3 – 21300 E. Country Vista Drive
- July 28 – Millwood Station 2 – 9111 E. Frederick
- Aug 11 – Otis Orchards Station 4 – 22406 E. Wellesley
- Aug 25 – South Valley Station 9 – 12121 E. 32nd
- Sept 1 – University Station 1 – 10319 E. Sprague
- Any SVFD fire station daily from 9 am – 5 pm when firefighters are present
(Note: The station may be empty if the crew is out on an emergency or training)
- SVFD Administration building weekdays from 8 am – 4pm – 2120 N. Wilbur
Questions? Call 892-4155 or visit Play Unplugged – Spokane Valley
- Julie Happy