Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries are in widespread use in consumer electronics. Lithium batteries have become the industry standard for rechargeable...
2023 Community Risk Reduction (CRR) Week
Each year, starting with the Martin Luther King holiday, fire departments around the nation support a weeklong campaign to educate communities about...
Call for Pro and Con Committee to Review Levy
Pro and Con Committees Spokane Valley Fire Department is placing before the voters on the February 14, 2023 ballot a proposition authorizing a maintenance and operations excess levy.
MAKE A NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION TO BE BETTER PREPARED
It’s never too late to start preparing. And while it might seem like a daunting task, starting with a few simple steps each week, you will be surprised at your accomplishments and you will be better prepared to handle what “Mother Nature” sends our way:
- Get “Two Weeks Ready” ‐ Put together a Home Emergency Kit.
- Gather and Document Your Emergency Information.
- “Be Prepared” ‐ Make a Family Disaster Plan.
- Develop a Communications Plan.
- Help each other. Make a plan to check on your neighbors.
We hope you have a happy and safe winter season!
For more information visit www.ready.gov
Did you Know?
- You can sign up for a station tour. Great for small groups.
- You should replace the batteries in your smoke alarms twice a year.
- Creating a defensible space with regards to wildfires could just save your home or property.
- We have Friends & Family CPR classes every month.
- Julie Happy