Pro and Con Committees Spokane Valley Fire Department is placing before the voters on the February 14, 2023 ballot a proposition authorizing a maintenance and operations excess levy.
How does a Fire District get its funding for Maintenance and Operations (M&O)? Junior taxing Fire Districts must go out for Levies every 4 years...
Now is the time to prepare your home to be fire safe. More fires happen in the winter months than any other time of the year. During the cold...
We welcome groups of children into our fire stations for Station Tours, throughout the year. It is an opportunity for us to teach children about fire safety. It is also a chance for children to ask questions and become more comfortable with firefighters and the work we do.
SCHEDULING A STATION TOUR
In addition to responding to emergencies, firefighters are busy with training, maintaining their stations and apparatus, making public appearances and much more.
With this in mind, we ask that requests for Station Tours follow these criteria:
- Tours must be scheduled at least 7 days (1 week) in advance, but not more than 2 months in advance.
- Small groups (4 or fewer) may drop-in at your neighborhood fire station and ask the firefighters if they have time to give you a station tour.
- The maximum group size is 25 total participants (including children and chaperones). There must be one adult chaperone for every five children.
- Please call for availability. As time allows, tours may be scheduled daily after 6:00 pm, Monday & Friday afternoons, and on weekends days, subject to approval.
- Fire stations remain “in-service” during tours and firefighters need to respond to emergencies at any time. This means you may…
- Arrive for your tour and find the fire station empty. Please call 509-928-1700 to reschedule.
- Be in the middle of your tour when firefighters receive an emergency call. If they do, it will be necessary for the tour to end and your group to exit the station. Please keep this in mind when visiting.
- Although we gladly provide fire station tours in conjunction with special events—such as a birthday party—we do not host special events in our fire stations.
- Station names, addresses, and photos may be viewed at this link.
To schedule a station tour, call our Administrative Office at 509-928-1700 (weekdays).