On April 17th, 16 new SVFD recruits began EMT School. They will participate in 6 weeks of class, learning the ins-and-outs of EMS and then proceed...
Do Lithium-Ion Batteries Pose a Fire Risk?
Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries are in widespread use in consumer electronics. Lithium batteries have become the industry standard for rechargeable...
2023 Community Risk Reduction (CRR) Week
Each year, starting with the Martin Luther King holiday, fire departments around the nation support a weeklong campaign to educate communities about...
Events & Operational Permits
The following types of activities shall be required to obtain an Operational Permit from Spokane Valley Fire Department:
- IFC 105.6.4 – Carbon Dioxide Systems (exceeding 100lbs)
- IFC 105.6.5 – Carnivals and Fairs
- IFC 105.6.9 – Compressed Gases
- IFC 105.6.14 – Exhibits and Trade Shows
- IFC 105.6.17 – Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- IFC 105.6.21 – Hazardous Materials
- IFC 105.6.28 – LP-Gas
- IFC 105.6.49 – Marijuana Extraction Systems
The application, site, and floor plan drawings (and any other relevant information) can be submitted via the contractor portal: SVFDPermits.com. The associated fee will be collected prior to review. Payment is made through the portal. All credit/debit card transactions will incur a non-refundable convenience fee of 2.5% transaction processing or a minimum of $2.00 on the transaction amount.
The approved permit, with any accompanying documentation, will be made available for download through the portal. Preliminary Inspection requests are submitted with the permit and will be finalized once the permit is approved.
If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to call 509-892-4153.
Fireworks Public Display Permit Form
Did you Know?
- You can sign up for a station tour. Great for small groups.
- You should replace the batteries in your smoke alarms twice a year.
- Creating a defensible space with regards to wildfires could just save your home or property.
- We have Friends & Family CPR classes every month.