Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries are in widespread use in consumer electronics. Lithium batteries have become the industry standard for rechargeable...
Safety Tip: Smoking While Using Medical Oxygen Is a Deadly Mix
In the Spokane Valley Fire Department service area, we are seeing a dangerous emerging trend — the use of at-home medical oxygen by people who...
Safety Tip: Wear Life Vests on the Water
Always wear a life vest when enjoying time on the water. Even experienced swimmers should always wear a personal flotation device (PFD)....
Safety Tip: Carbon Monoxide Alarms Save Lives
Carbon monoxide poisoning is believed to have killed two Coulee City, WA residents on February 12, 2018. A man and a woman were found dead inside their home in a trailer park, just after 7 pm. Investigators believe the two were killed by carbon monoxide poisoning from either a propane appliance or a propane heater.
Did you Know?
- You can sign up for a station tour. Great for small groups.
- You should replace the batteries in your smoke alarms twice a year.
- Creating a defensible space with regards to wildfires could just save your home or property.
- We have Friends & Family CPR classes every month.