Pro and Con Committees Spokane Valley Fire Department is placing before the voters on the February 14, 2023 ballot a proposition authorizing a maintenance and operations excess levy.
How does a Fire District get its funding for Maintenance and Operations (M&O)? Junior taxing Fire Districts must go out for Levies every 4 years...
Now is the time to prepare your home to be fire safe. More fires happen in the winter months than any other time of the year. During the cold...
Annual Open House Event
Enjoy a day of FREE family FUN at our Annual Department Open House!
We’re open from 10 am – 3pm with tons of hands-on activities including the Kids Firefighter Challenge Course with fire hose pulling and squirting, a bounce house, trying on firefighter gear, tours of all types of fire engines and the Air 1 helicopter, building a campfire, photo opportunities with Smokey Bear and retired arson dog Mako, and much more!
Enjoy free hot dogs and refreshments. Learn how to keep your family safe with smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, CPR and Operation ID. We’ll be handing out cool free giveaways, too!
Check out these live demonstrations:
- Live fire demonstrations in the Residential Sprinkler trailer and the Avista Electric trailer @ all day
- Mako the retired Arson Dog doing “stop drop and roll” demonstrations @ all day (until he gets tired!)
- Cooking Fire demonstrations @ 11 am, 1 pm and 2 pm
- Vehicle Extrication “Jaws of Life” demonstration @ 11:30 am
- High Ropes Technical Rescue demonstration @ 12:30 pm
- “Pit Crew” CPR demonstration @ 1:30 pm
- Spokane Regional Air Support “Air 1” helicopter takes off @ 2:30 pm
For more information, call the Community Affairs office at 892-4155. Please join us on Saturday – Rain or Shine!
- Julie Happy