The Spokane Valley Fire Department thanks you for your interest in serving as a member of the Civil Service Board.
The Civil Service Board member performs the following functions:
• Assists the administration of the Spokane Valley Fire Department and the
Board of Fire Commissioners in accordance with Washington State RCW and
the Rules of the Civil Service Board.
• Attends Civil Service Commission monthly meetings and all special meetings.
• Encourages open communication between the Civil Service Board,
Spokane Valley Fire Department Administration, staff and employees and
the Board of Fire Commissioners.
• Follows and remains knowledgeable of the current Civil Service Rules.
• Remains responsive to the citizens served by the Civil Service Board.
• Must be a citizen of the United States.
• Must be a resident of the area served by Spokane Valley Fire Department for
at least three years immediately preceding such appointment.
• Must be a registered voter of the county wherein he or she reside.