Improve your home fire safety and awareness!
Did You Know…
- The majority of fire deaths happen at home?
- Fire can spread rapidly through your home, leaving you as little as 1-2 minutes to escape safely once the alarm sounds?
- 3 of 5 home fire deaths result from fires in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms?
These national statistics are reflected in our community, where SVFD firefighters often find inadequate or no working smoke alarms when responding to residential fire or medical emergencies.
SVFD is working in partnership with several local agencies to offer Free Home Fire Safety Visits to community members in our service area. In as little as 30 minutes, we’ll evaluate current fire safety conditions including:
- Smoke alarms – location, age and condition
- Heat sources – including fireplaces and wood stoves
- Evacuation – plans
- Fire hazards – throughout the home and garage
- Bedrooms – identify fire exit routes
- Carbon monoxide (CO) detectors – location, age and condition
Let us Help You
We’ll install free* smoke alarms (if needed) including alarms for the hearing-impaired. And, you’ll receive important home fire safety information to build your knowledge, reduce your risk and feel safer in your own home!
*Smoke alarms funded through the Washington State Association of Fire Marshals, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and community donations.
Request a free Home Fire Safety Visit by using the form below.